Student Administrator: Admissions
Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 8571Room Number: ArtsOne 3.40
Having been at Queen Mary, University of London since 2006, I have thoroughly enjoyed working within the School of English and Drama. It has a relaxing atmosphere with great academic and non-academic staff. I really enjoy working with current and prospective students, and dealing with the enquiries they may have. I have also helped colleagues organise conferences and functions.
My previous employment includes working for Westminster Kingsway College within the admissions department, and also customer service roles within various retail, hotel, and catering outlets during my academic years. My previous experiences have given me the opportunity to work within the borough of Tower Hamlets as a voluntary youth worker. I have been a senior peer motivator for the Tower Hamlets Summer University scheme. These opportunities gave me a valuable insight and experience of working with youth from the community. Having been born and raised in Tower Hamlets (and currently a resident here) I very much appreciate Queen Mary being a thriving multicultural institution, giving everyone the opportunity to experience different cultures.
- Responsible for all administrative processes related to the School of English and Drama’s Postgraduate Taught and Undergraduate applications
- Organising open and interview days for prospective undergraduates
- Answering queries from prospective students and other callers to the School regarding courses
- Liaison with other departments throughout Admissions cycle
- Assisting colleagues within the School when necessary