15 May 2014
Time: 5:30 - 8:00pm
Venue: ArtsOne Building
- Interested in pursuing Postgraduate Study with us?
- Holding an offer from us and want to experience life in the School?
- Want to get a taster of what life is like on an MA?
On 15th May 2014, we're running a Postgraduate Taster Evening to give you a flavour of teaching on our MA programmes. We're offering a range of sessions for you to choose from, depending on which of our programmes you've applied for, or are interested in applying for. Sessions will be taught by staff you're likely to encounter on the MA.
If you've applied to our broad MA in English Studies: English Literature, please select one of the period sessions (Early Modern, Eighteenth-Century, Writing in the Modern Age) - this will reflect the type of modules you take on the programme.
Representatives from Queen Mary's Global Shakespeare will also be present if you want to learn more information about that programme.
Sessions take place in the ArtsOne Building on Queen Mary's Mile End Campus. For directions, see here.
5:30pm - Registration
5:45pm - Welcome to the School
6:00pm - Taster Sessions:
- Early Modern Studies, 1300-1700 [along with our MA in Global Shakespeare]
- Eighteenth-Century Literature and Romanticism
- Writing in the Modern Age, Session 1 (details tbc)
- Writing in the Modern Age, Session 2 (Contemporary Writing)
7:10pm - Drinks Reception
To book your place, please complete this form.
Any questions, please email Rob Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NB The Taster Evening was originally scheduled for 30th April. It was moved back to avoid disruption caused by tube strikes.
Due to a clash with our undergraduate performance evening, we're holding a separate event on 3rd June for students interested in our MA in Theatre and Performance.