Drama at Queen Mary attracts exceptional students from all backgrounds to participate in innovative degree programmes, in the heart of one of the greatest cities in the world.
We are one of the country’s leading centres for the study of theatre and performance. The research and teaching interests of our staff span a wide range of topics, from twenty-first century experimental performance and live art to the theatre of Shakespeare and his contemporaries, and from site-specific performance and installation art to the socially engaged theatre of Brazil.
- Teaching of the highest quality from leading international academics and practitioners. In the latest NSS, 100% of students were satisfied with the teaching they had received. Our highly valued teaching sees us ranked first in London by both the Guardian University Guide 2016 and the Complete University Guide 2016.
- A range of dedicated technical facilities, including a purpose-built studio theatre and three rehearsal rooms.
- Innovative single and joint honours degree programmes.
- Opportunities to study abroad in the first semester of your second year.
- Top-quality research. We were ranked first out of all Drama departments nationally for the quality of our research in the most recent Research Excellence Framework. This means you will be taught by academics who have international reputations for excellence.
Students at Queen Mary also benefit from having all the cultural, social, and political resources of one of the world’s great theatre cities on their doorstep. Students can take advantage of our extensive professional connections to develop their skills and experience in work placements.